A new movie, called “Unplanned”, is coming out thanks to $1 million in funding from Mike Lindell. See https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/my-pillow-founder-michael-lindel…
Don’t miss it, as you can actually see Mike in the film, as he has a cameo where he bulldozes a Planned Parenthood site to make way for the headquarters of a pro-life group called “40 Days for Life”. As Mike says, "I'm pro-life and I'm happy to do it.”
Mike's next movie venture will be based on his upcoming book, What are the Odds? From Crack Addict to CEO, the inspiring autobiography about his rags to riches story of overcoming crack cocaine and becoming highly successful with his MyPillow business - all through God.Read more
Mike says that “MyPillow is a vehicle for a greater calling, that his success is a gift from God." But, as this CBS Sunday Morning video with Martha Teichner shows, it was a struggle to get MyPillow to be the success it is today.
- MyPillow originated in a dream Mike had. In fact, Mike dreamt about the MyPillow logo first. And his dream came true, eventually.
- Mike created the “pillow of his dreams” in 2004 in an attempt to solve his personal life-long sleeping issues. It took a year of trying different things - until he found the “eureka moment” of using 3 different foams that interlock to give “the most amazing, adjustable pillow in history."
- Enthused, Mike tried getting the big box stores to sell his MyPillow, but they weren’t interested. So he set up a kiosk in the neighborhood mall, where he only sold 80 pillows in one month.
- During the early years of MyPillow, Mike was a crack cocaine addict with a $500-$1000/week habit. Due to his addiction, he lost his house and his marriage. In fact, his addiction was so bad that his crack dealers staged an intervention in the spring of 2008 after Mike had been up for 14 days.
- The following year, Mike quit his addictions, which changed his life. On October 7, 2011, the first famous MyPillow infomercial launched, which caused an amazing growth for MyPillow: MyPillow went from 5-10 employees to 500 in just 40 days. MyPillow now spends $1.5 million/week on commercials, which has helped MyPillow sell more than 41 million pillows and grow to be a company of 1,600 employees working in the two huge MyPillow factories just outside Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- At any given time, 20-30% of the MyPillow employees are “second-chancers,” i.e. former addicts. As one second-chancer says, “Most places won’t give me a chance because of my background."
- Mike is proud that MyPillows are made in America. As he says, “When I get behind something, I am 100% all in." And, he is 100% all in for President Trump, even going to President Trump’s Made-in-America roundtable.
It has been an amazing story. One reason for the MyPillow success is Mike's motto: "Make every pillow like it's your only pillow and treat every customer like it's your only customer." Beyond that, Mike gets his incredible passion from the fact that he considers MyPillow to be a "vehicle for a greater calling, and his success a gift from God”.Read more
"Take it from a guy who knows all about how to rest easy. We can all rest easy with Trump helping to bring our economy back stronger than ever," declares Mike Lindell in his article in the Duluth News Tribune. For, Mike has seen "record-low unemployment and a booming economy" in the 500+ days that Trump has been President.
As proof, Mike states that he has seen "firsthand the positive changes President Trump's policies are bringing to our state." In fact, due to the "historic tax cuts," all of Mike's employees benefited from the pay raise that Mike was able to give them.
Plus, unemployment has seen a major downward trend since Trump took office:
- In Minnesota, the "unemployment rate has been cut in half." Furthermore, Minnesota unemployment is doing well compared to other states: "unemployment in Minnesota is now at 3.1 percent, compared to 3.9 percent nationally."
- In the Minneapolis/St. Paul/Bloomington, Minnesota area, "unemployment is 2.7 percent", while in MyPillow's headquarters' Carver County, the "unemployment rate has dropped from 3.8 percent to 2.6 percent since President Trump took the oath."
- Black unemployment has also dropped: it is now at "7.5 percent, the lowest since the state began keeping records in 2001."
And, Trump's economic plan is "working in a massive way for businesses and manufacturers throughout Minnesota." In fact, Creighton University's nine-state Mid America Business Conditions Index (which includes Minnesota) went from 55.5 in April to an impressive 62.3. Since any number above 50 indicates economic growth, this signals that "Minnesota's economy is truly booming."
Another example of a booming economy is Minnesota's iron-mining industry, which is overcoming its setback in 2015 due to illegal Chinese steel dumping and is now "more optimistic about our economic situation than we've been in recent years."
Furthermore, a Minnesota business owners' survey "revealed an 'almost surreally high level of optimism, with expectations of record revenues, record profitability, a record level of investment in their companies, and increased wages.'"
Based on these strong indicators of growth, Mike believes that "We need to keep our state's economic momentum going, and the only way we can do that is by helping to elect pro-Trump candidates to the U.S. Senate and U.S. House in the midterm elections this fall."
Mike has been a staunch supporter of Trump since Mike met Trump in Trump Tower in 2016, where he saw that Trump's "heart is committed to helping all Americans" and, based on that, Mike "knew he would deliver."
And, since Trump has become president, Mike has seen that "President Donald Trump has not let me down. In fact, what he's accomplished so far is beyond what I ever expected."
Which is why Mike says, "We can all rest easy with Trump helping to bring our economy back stronger than ever."Read more
President Trump gave a major shout-out to Mike Lindell and his MyPillow, declaring that "I actually use them, believe it or not," to the cheers of the crowd.
He went on to tout Mike's ad buying abilities, stating that "I want you to be my ad buyer because I guarantee you, he makes great deals."
Mike, who attended the North Dakota rally where Trump spoke, is a staunch supporter of the President and has been a supporter since the early days of Trump's campaign. Mike thoroughly agrees with Trump's assessment that he, with other supporters, have "had a great journey together and we are making progress like nobody thought possible.”
In fact, Mike wrote an article,"Rest easy, Minnesota; Trump is winning for us," about this journey, where Mike declares that Trump's accomplishments are "beyond what I ever expected."Read more
Mike Lindell was branded by President Trump as someone that "makes great deals." In fact, Trump actually said that Mike was so good that Trump wanted Mike to become his ad buyer because, as Trump said, "I guarantee you that Mike makes good deals.".
And, Trump knows that Mike makes a great product, declaring, "He is the greatest, he does make a great product, I actually use them," as the crowd applauded in approval.
Mike, who was attending the North Dakota rally where Trump spoke, has been a strong Trump supporter from the very beginning. In fact, Mike states that what Trump has accomplished so far is "beyond what I ever expected" in his article in the Duluth News Tribune, "Rest easy, Minnesota; Trump is winning for us."Read more
"Do you ever see this guy with the pillows on Fox...He is the greatest," declared President Trump to the applause of the crowd at a rally in North Dakota. Trump then went on to say "Mike does make a great product, great pillows". Then, Trump admitted that he actually uses MyPillows, which got enthusiastic cheers from the crowd.
Trump continued with the announcement that he "wanted Mike to be his ad buyer because I guarantee you, he makes great deals." And, to seal the deal, Trump said, "I haven't asked him yet, would you be my ad buyer please, Mike?"
Mike has been a staunch supporter of Trump practically from day one. In fact, due to Mike's faith in Trump's ability to grow America's economy, Mike wrote a article in the Duluth News Tribune , declaring that "We can all rest easy with Trump helping to bring our economy back stronger than ever."Read more
Mike Lindell shares his testimony and gets the Presidents Award at the National Religious Broadcasters’ (NRB) Media Leadership Dinner. Throughout his life, Mike has been helped by God, even before he found Christ, as he relates in this interview by Eric Metaxas at the NRB Media Leadership Dinner.
- Mike, a crack cocaine addict before he found release from drugs through God, was able to give hope to his drug dealers before he became sober. As his dealer said back then, “You made a promise that you’d come back after you found Jesus or whatever -- you would come back and help us all”. Now two of three of Mike’s drug dealers are Christians and work for Mike.
- Along with his addictions, Mike faced business failure, losing his wife, losing his home, and a takeover of the MyPillow company. But, Mike persevered and was able to succeed due to miracles which, according to Mike, “don’t happen unless you have God, unless you have Jesus.”
- Mike promised God that he would “do this platform thing you’ve got me”. So, true to his promise, Mike started the Lindell Foundation to help the drug dealers he dealt with and others in need. Through the foundation, 100% of the money given goes directly to needs, people get to pick what need they want to give to, and they hear back about how their money helped.
- Mike also received NRB's President’s Award - see http://nrb.org/news-room/articles/nrbt/nrb-honors-excellence-announces-75th-anniversary-celebration-plans-closing-gala/ While accepting the award, Mike said, “It’s not about the pillow anymore; it’s about Jesus." Congratulations, Mike!
As Metaxas told Mike, “This is raw. This is beautiful. God [worked on] your life while you were a wreck and was operating on you while you were still on crack.”Read more
Mike Lindell joined the "Made in America" roundtable that was hosted by President Trump, Vice-president Pence, Department of Labor Secretary Alex Acosta, and Director of the White House Office of Trade and Manufacturing Policy Peter Navarro. This roundtable was part of the "Made in America" week.
Mike and 19 other industry leaders that manufacture their products in America were at the roundtable to talk about the importance of making their products in America. Mike emphasized that the MyPillow was 100% American - including the cotton, which is grown in America. Mike said that "Keeping the jobs here is just so rewarding." and was proud to have 1500 passionate employees who have careers at MyPillow. And, Mike emphasized that when companies move their products overseas, the workers of the company lose their jobs - as well as the workers of the suppliers of the company.
“We're here today to continue our celebration of American manufacturing as part of Made in America Week. The leaders and innovators around this table create the products that fill our homes, defend our nation, and enrich our lives. And each one of these products proudly carries the label, Made in the USA,” said the President.Read more
Mike's entrepreneurial success story actually starts in a crack house. Although he had already started his MyPilllow business, his turning point was getting out of the crack houses by conquering his intense crack and cocaine addictions through faith in 2008.
- Mike invented the MyPillow in 2003 through a dream, based on many restless nights
- After quitting his addictions, he started newspaper advertising and his famous MyPillow infomercial.
- He also expanded into Walmart, Bed, Bath and Beyond, QVC and other retailers. MyPillow also has 17 MyPillow retail stores.
- In 2016, MyPillow continued to expand. Towards that, Mike opened a new 100,000-square-foot factory that is capable of making 85,000 pillows a day in anticipation of tripling his sales.
From the article:
He’d had another dream: MyPillow would be a $1 billion company.Read more
Mike is continually dreaming up ways to help people. But, it hasn't always been that way. He first had to give up his drug addictions by giving himself to God. Since then, he has experienced tremendous success and is now in the position to give back.
- Mike recently donated 1,000 MyPillows to the Salvation Army. He also donated pillows to each of the 108 KOOL Bell Ringers of the day.
- Mike hasn't always been able to give generous gifts. He had a crack cocaine habit for 25 years. So, he prayed and asked God to take away his desires, and God answered his prayers. Within one day, his desires were gone and he felt peaceful, and has been sober ever since.
- Once Mike gave his life to God, he has had one success after another, to the point where the MyPillow company now has 400 employees making 25,000 pillows a day (in December, 2015).
- And, Mike is now making good on his promise to God with the Lindell Foundation, an organization that helps people with addictions, as well as others in need.
"After beating his 25-year drug addiction and starting a multi-million dollar pillow company from nothing, Lindell has just one thing to say: “With God, all things are possible.”"Read more