Mike wrote a great OpEd for Townhall.com. Here is a synopsis:
- Everything changed for Mike when then-presidential candidate Donald Trump reached out for a private meeting with Mike.
- On August 15, 2016, after his meeting with Donald Trump, Mike was convinced he would be the greatest president ever.
- People always ask Mike how to help the President. His answer is, “Pray for him to have great wisdom, discernment, and protection.”
- Mike enjoys talking to people of President Donald Trump's accomplishment in a short 2 years to include a revving economy and record-low unemployment plus much more.
- President Trump is also taking on the opioid epidemic, which as a former crack addict is of particular interest to Mike.
Mike was recently at the rally for Ted Cruz in Houston, Texas with President Trump. He was interviewed by Right Side Broadcasting Network. Here are the highlights of that interview.
- Mike said this is the most important mid-term election in our lifetime and that everybody should tell their friends, family and neighbors to get out and vote.
- He says that everybody loves our President, they just don't know it yet.
- President Trump was picked by God to run this country and it's a Divine appointment.
- Mike announces his Lindell Recovery Network. Over the last year, he has vetted faith-based treatment centers across the country. An addict would put in his age and his addiction and he/she will get stories of hope. They can see that there is hope for them as well. After, Mike will be like their tour guide on the website and show them places of recovery near them. Then when they come out of treatment, paid mentors employed by Lindell Recovery Network will be there for them to help them continue their recovery.
- Mike says that a lot of times, when addicts come out of treatment, people don't trust them right away. But with the treatments centers, Like Salvation Army, Union Gospel, and many others that Mike has vetted, employers will grab them up right away because these centers are trusted. A 20 year old opiate addict might not relate to a 50 year old meth addict. Lindell Recover Network will match age and addiction to help that person.
I was honored to speak at President Trump's rally in Rochester, Minnesota.
Our next great Attorney General Doug Wardlow gave an awesome invocation at the beginning of the rally.Read more
"Take it from a guy who knows all about how to rest easy. We can all rest easy with Trump helping to bring our economy back stronger than ever," declares Mike Lindell in his article in the Duluth News Tribune. For, Mike has seen "record-low unemployment and a booming economy" in the 500+ days that Trump has been President.
As proof, Mike states that he has seen "firsthand the positive changes President Trump's policies are bringing to our state." In fact, due to the "historic tax cuts," all of Mike's employees benefited from the pay raise that Mike was able to give them.
Plus, unemployment has seen a major downward trend since Trump took office:
- In Minnesota, the "unemployment rate has been cut in half." Furthermore, Minnesota unemployment is doing well compared to other states: "unemployment in Minnesota is now at 3.1 percent, compared to 3.9 percent nationally."
- In the Minneapolis/St. Paul/Bloomington, Minnesota area, "unemployment is 2.7 percent", while in MyPillow's headquarters' Carver County, the "unemployment rate has dropped from 3.8 percent to 2.6 percent since President Trump took the oath."
- Black unemployment has also dropped: it is now at "7.5 percent, the lowest since the state began keeping records in 2001."
And, Trump's economic plan is "working in a massive way for businesses and manufacturers throughout Minnesota." In fact, Creighton University's nine-state Mid America Business Conditions Index (which includes Minnesota) went from 55.5 in April to an impressive 62.3. Since any number above 50 indicates economic growth, this signals that "Minnesota's economy is truly booming."
Another example of a booming economy is Minnesota's iron-mining industry, which is overcoming its setback in 2015 due to illegal Chinese steel dumping and is now "more optimistic about our economic situation than we've been in recent years."
Furthermore, a Minnesota business owners' survey "revealed an 'almost surreally high level of optimism, with expectations of record revenues, record profitability, a record level of investment in their companies, and increased wages.'"
Based on these strong indicators of growth, Mike believes that "We need to keep our state's economic momentum going, and the only way we can do that is by helping to elect pro-Trump candidates to the U.S. Senate and U.S. House in the midterm elections this fall."
Mike has been a staunch supporter of Trump since Mike met Trump in Trump Tower in 2016, where he saw that Trump's "heart is committed to helping all Americans" and, based on that, Mike "knew he would deliver."
And, since Trump has become president, Mike has seen that "President Donald Trump has not let me down. In fact, what he's accomplished so far is beyond what I ever expected."
Which is why Mike says, "We can all rest easy with Trump helping to bring our economy back stronger than ever."Read more
President Trump gave a major shout-out to Mike Lindell and his MyPillow, declaring that "I actually use them, believe it or not," to the cheers of the crowd.
He went on to tout Mike's ad buying abilities, stating that "I want you to be my ad buyer because I guarantee you, he makes great deals."
Mike, who attended the North Dakota rally where Trump spoke, is a staunch supporter of the President and has been a supporter since the early days of Trump's campaign. Mike thoroughly agrees with Trump's assessment that he, with other supporters, have "had a great journey together and we are making progress like nobody thought possible.”
In fact, Mike wrote an article,"Rest easy, Minnesota; Trump is winning for us," about this journey, where Mike declares that Trump's accomplishments are "beyond what I ever expected."Read more
Mike Lindell was branded by President Trump as someone that "makes great deals." In fact, Trump actually said that Mike was so good that Trump wanted Mike to become his ad buyer because, as Trump said, "I guarantee you that Mike makes good deals.".
And, Trump knows that Mike makes a great product, declaring, "He is the greatest, he does make a great product, I actually use them," as the crowd applauded in approval.
Mike, who was attending the North Dakota rally where Trump spoke, has been a strong Trump supporter from the very beginning. In fact, Mike states that what Trump has accomplished so far is "beyond what I ever expected" in his article in the Duluth News Tribune, "Rest easy, Minnesota; Trump is winning for us."Read more
"Do you ever see this guy with the pillows on Fox...He is the greatest," declared President Trump to the applause of the crowd at a rally in North Dakota. Trump then went on to say "Mike does make a great product, great pillows". Then, Trump admitted that he actually uses MyPillows, which got enthusiastic cheers from the crowd.
Trump continued with the announcement that he "wanted Mike to be his ad buyer because I guarantee you, he makes great deals." And, to seal the deal, Trump said, "I haven't asked him yet, would you be my ad buyer please, Mike?"
Mike has been a staunch supporter of Trump practically from day one. In fact, due to Mike's faith in Trump's ability to grow America's economy, Mike wrote a article in the Duluth News Tribune , declaring that "We can all rest easy with Trump helping to bring our economy back stronger than ever."Read more
Don’t miss this CNBC video about Mike Lindell! There are some interesting views of the MyPillow factory as well a great overview of about Mike’s history from crack to the highly success MyPillow company - to the White House!
- The video shows Mike’s original foam-shredding machine: a hammer mill - which was originally a piece of farm equipment! Also shown are the foam shredding machines that Mike designed to take the place of the hammer mill.
- Mike runs MyPillow in Chaska MN, the town he grew up in, where his early entrepreneur years were spent cleaning carpets, raising pigs and running lunch wagons. He was also, occasionally, making money as a professional card counter - until he was thrown out of the casino. In the 80’s, Mike got into the bar business - which, as he says, “probably wasn’t very good because I was an addict at the time.”
- Mike always had a hard time sleeping and disliked all the pillows he tried. Then, in 2004, he dreamed of a pillow which would hold its shape. After the dream, he wrote “MyPillow” everywhere in the house. When he told his daughter that he had this idea of a pillow called “MyPillow”, she simply said, “that’s random, Dad”.
- Mike spent months cutting up pieces of foam to create a pillow that would hold its form - he even learned to sew the pillows himself. After inventing the pillow, he went to Bed, Bath and Beyond and showed them his "best pillow in the world”. But, they were not impressed.
- Mike then did a kiosk in a local shopping center. One of the customers turned out to be connected to the Minneapolis Home and Garden Show and he invited Mike to debut the MyPillow at the show, and sales took off.
- Mike used to be a crack cocaine addict during the early years of MyPillow and lost his marriage, his house and almost his business due to his addictions. In fact, even his dealers put out the word that no one should sell drugs to Mike after Mike had been up for almost 2 weeks straight. Mike finally hit bottom January 16, 2009, and asked God to let him wake up in the morning and never have the desire again. When he woke up the next day he had the “most peaceful feeling I ever had.” His addictions were totally gone.
- In 2011, Mike had another dream: make an infomercial. Mike starred in the infomercial and ad-libbed the whole commercial himself. Due to the infomercial, MyPillow went from 5 employees to 500 by the end of that year. Now, MyPillow has sold over 300 million pillows.
- Mike met Donald Trump in 2016 and quickly became a fan. After that meeting, Mike's reaction to Trump was that “this guy is going to be the most amazing guy in history” based on all the jobs Trump wanted to bring back and his concern about the inner cities. Mike then went to the White House last July for a Made-in-America roundtable - and sat right next to President Trump.
- Mike is publishing an autobiography and hopes to turn his story into a movie with the help of actor Steve Baldwin. Mike is also focusing on his foundation, the Lindell Foundation, to help the less fortunate.
A lot has happened in Mike’s life - and is continuing to happen. And, Mike's reaction to his life is that, “The only way that we were able to do this was Devine intervention.”Read more
Mike Lindell joined the "Made in America" roundtable that was hosted by President Trump, Vice-president Pence, Department of Labor Secretary Alex Acosta, and Director of the White House Office of Trade and Manufacturing Policy Peter Navarro. This roundtable was part of the "Made in America" week.
Mike and 19 other industry leaders that manufacture their products in America were at the roundtable to talk about the importance of making their products in America. Mike emphasized that the MyPillow was 100% American - including the cotton, which is grown in America. Mike said that "Keeping the jobs here is just so rewarding." and was proud to have 1500 passionate employees who have careers at MyPillow. And, Mike emphasized that when companies move their products overseas, the workers of the company lose their jobs - as well as the workers of the suppliers of the company.
“We're here today to continue our celebration of American manufacturing as part of Made in America Week. The leaders and innovators around this table create the products that fill our homes, defend our nation, and enrich our lives. And each one of these products proudly carries the label, Made in the USA,” said the President.Read more
Mike called in from the Trump Hotel in Washington DC to emphasize that "Trump is our hope right now," in a discussion about the midterm elections on The Joe Piscopo Show on AM970 The Answer
The Midterm Elections
Mike relates that, due to the Democrats winning the top tickets in Minnesota, he is "very worried, especially since Minnesota was going in such a great direction". Mike said that he is "especially worried about the election of Keith Ellison for Attorney General," for Mike fears that Ellison will use the AG platform to go after Trump. Mike says that all he can do is "pray now" and hope that Ellison doesn't do that.
Mike felt the Republican losses were due to that fact that people didn't really get the real message in Minnesota due to the media.
Others that Mike supported across the country won, though, including Kevin Cramer from North Dakota, Ted Cruz from Texas, and Rick Scott from Florida. Mike says, "that just shows that the President's rallies really promoted voting for those senators, which was very important."
The Republicans still have the Senate, and Mike feels that "the president is so resourceful and compassionate that he'll figure out a way to still get stuff done," despite Democrats winning the House, although the "big steps are going to get blocked".
Mike says, philosophically, "every two years, the elections go back the other way," but there is still a strong road for 2020, when "everything will come together".
President Trump and 2020
Mike had dinner with President Trump a few weeks ago and said that Trump talked about his passion to help the farmers and the inner cities. Mike related that Trump has confidence and that Mike feels that the elections will just make him that much more confident because it's a bigger challenge.
And, Mike feels that Trump will win the 2020 election because Trump is such a good listener: Trump will take information in and come out with pragmatic, common sense answers. And "people see that and that's why the confidence level in this country is up so much."
And that confidence spills over to Mike and the MyPillow company, with Mike saying that "because of Trump, the MyPillow business is up," a business that is "making everything in America and hiring thousands of people in Minnesota, giving pride to all, knowing they are making Minnesota-made products." And, relates Mike, all of this is "better under the president."
The big question
Is Mike going to run for public office? Mike says that he has no plans to, but if "God told me to run in a prayer, I would do it tomorrow." Right now, Mike is working on helping the opioid epidemic with his Lindell Recovery Platform.
Trump is our hope
Bottom line, Mike's confidence in Trump continues to remain incredibly high, saying that, "Trump is our hope right now - everybody loves our president, some just don't know it yet."